Oct 23, 2012

Charlie Brown lives with us

It was inevitable. A love like that couldn't last forever. The fact that I was knee deep in a project (you know the type - pbj for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, still wearing pajamas at 5pm, and paint from my fingertips to my elbows) didn't change the words that blurted out of Superman's mouth, "Hey, it looks like Charlie Brown threw up!" as he admired my handiwork.

And, just like that, it was gone. My long time love affair with chevron patterned anything. Almost every room in our house has some form of chevron or a plan for it to make a grand entrance. Those little zigs and zags were drool worthy and doggonit they made me happy.

Due to Superman's lousy timing at humor, I had these pillowcases sewn and stuffed already. I'm enjoying them even though every time I see a chevron print now I think of Charlie Brown and simultaneously start dancing and thinking of lines..... Wa Wa Wa Wa Wa? And then that baldy, white head and obnoxious orange and black chevron shirt are all that I can picture. Nuts.

 Our living areas are a work in progress. I'm happy with the progress but I see how they still have a long way to go. Specifically in the area of throw pillows. I got tired of looking at my plain white forms, so I whipped up a few cases using some leftover drop-cloths and paint I had laying around. I think they're kinda cute... even if they are just temporary!

Maybe I'll try ikat instead? Or houndstooth? Or plaid?





No comments:

Post a Comment